When you download and install QuickBooks Desktop and payroll updates, there’s a slight risk for QuickBooks Error 15311 to take place. This is a standard error that can take place when Windows can’t verify the digital signature for QuickBooks. However, the error can also occur when you install QuickBooks updates. The blog will try to share with you the necessary knowledge that can help you fix this error easily. After reading and implementing the measures stated in this blog, you can effectively fix this error within minutes.
You should also reach out to the professional team of QuickBooks at 1-855-948-3646 whenever you require professional assistance or support.
Reasons For Error 15311 In QuickBooks
Multiple factors can give rise to error 15311 in QuickBooks. What’s important is to realize and understand the cause of your error. Doing so will help you take prompt action that can allow you to fix this error without any further damage effectively. Go through the steps given below:
1. Windows Firewall can block QuickBooks ports. This can lead to connectivity issues that can itself trigger this error.
2. Third-party security applications can identify QuickBooks as a threat to Windows security. This can prevent QuickBooks access to the internet, causing error 15311 in QuickBooks.
3. Wrong internet connection settings can also block QuickBooks because of which QuickBooks can’t download the necessary updates. This again can lead to error 15311.
4. Some necessary QuickBooks processes are getting interrupted in the background. This situation can again trigger error 15311.
Now that you are aware of the reasons for the error, you can move to the following section that’ll cover the solutions that you require to troubleshoot this error.
You may also read: QuickBooks Payroll Not Working
Solutions That Can Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311
The methods to fix this error are multiple since the causes of the error are numerous. What’s important is to implement the right steps as per the reason for your error. Go through the measures explained below:
Solution 1: Reset QuickBooks Updates
You can effectively fix this error by resetting the QuickBooks updates. Implement the measures stated below:
1. Open QuickBooks. Now, move to the Help tab and click on Update QuickBooks.
2. Move to the Update Now tab and tick the Reset The Updates checkbox.
3. Click on Get Updates to download any necessary updates of the application, if required.
4. When the updates are done, you can exit QuickBooks and reopen it.
5. Move to the Update QuickBooks window and hit on the Install Now option.
Endeavor the next set of steps if these measures have failed to fix your error.
Solution 2: Reinstall QuickBooks In Safe Mode
Reinstalling QuickBooks in safe mode can help you resolve this error quickly. Execute the measures stated below:
1. First, you must boot into safe mode. For Windows 10, you can open the search box on the taskbar. Now, type folder and then choose Show Hidden Files And Folders. Choose Show Hidden Files, Folders, And Drivers in the advanced settings. Now, choose OK. Remember, this specific step can vary as per the version of Windows.
2. Now, when Windows is operating in the safe mode, you can uninstall QuickBooks from the Uninstall A Program window. Download the application one more time from the QuickBooks Product Download Page.
3. Run the installation file from the downloads of your system. Follow the prompts as required.
4. Finally, try downloading and installing payroll updates one more time.
QuickBooks Error 15311 can get resolved with the measures stated in this blog. Make sure to implement them correctly so that you can resolve this error in one go. Also, go through the causes mentioned in this blog, as that’ll help you form an efficient error fixing strategy.
To fix this error professionally and quickly, it’s best to reach out to the professional team of QuickBooks at 1-855-948-3646.