Are you a fan of wearing shorts? Then this article is just made for you! Shorts are like trousers that end above the knee-length. It is said that Nathaniel Coxton, who ran a teashop catering to the British Army in the 19th century, first invented shorts. Since then, shorts have been among the top choice of fashion across the world.
Continue reading the article to know more about the different types of shorts that are available.
Types Of Shorts
With the summer going on in full swing, shorts are the most wanted items in any clothes shop. However, there is a variety of such shorts for women and men to be found.
- Men who engage in physical exercises as it allows room for the legs to breathe wear athletic shorts. To avoid the discomfort of sweaty legs, try this out!
- Walking shorts will give you enough room to let the air flow in and keep you dry. As a brisk walker, you may want to opt for running shorts as well, but the broad legs of walking shorts are exceptionally comfortable for slow walkers.
- Cycling shorts are another type of shorts in the range of athletic shorts collections. These are generally very tight and come with no pockets. Sometimes there may be padding in it. In contrast to it, the mountain biking shorts are baggy with two or more pockets that can be closed securely to prevent essential items from falling off while on a ride.
- If you are a gym-goer, then gym shorts are a must for you! Usually, such shorts are baggy and made of polyester that serves as a breathable fabric. It comes with strings, and the waistband is elastic to allow for more adjustability.
- Swim shorts are the perfect types of shorts for you if you are a fan of swimming or hanging out near a waterside. Mainly those who compete, while the baggier ones are perfect to wear and laze around near the pool or beach, wear tighter swim shorts.
- If you are more into the stylish range of shorts, then go for the denim shorts, which are the perfect wear for summer. With extra pockets and a loop for carrying the hammer, it looks intentionally worn to give a stylish edge to it.
- Cargo shorts can be a good option for you too as it has many pockets; it is made from stretch fabric, which makes it extra comfortable.
- The best shorts for women include denim shorts that are classy, super comfortable, and are always in style. Paired with tank tops and pumps, they will get you rocking anytime! These can also be worn as high waisted shorts anytime.
- The boyfriend shorts get such a classy name because they resemble men’s pants. It usually has zippers and buttons and can be worn to casual or semi-casual events with sandals and baggy tops to get a casual look. They can be worn as high waisted casual shorts too!
- The printed shorts have cute floral or geometric designs for women, which usually come in bright colors and are fun to wear. Pair it with a patterned top or bold top to make yourself stand out.
- The cut-off shorts are named so as they have been cut off from pants! With frayed edges and a rugged look, the style factor will increase if paired with tank tops and worn as high waisted shorts. It usually tops the charts of the jean shorts women category.
- Bermuda shorts might not top the charts in terms of looks and style, but are very comfortable to wear. Many women opt for Bermuda shorts to wear for the night due to the softness of the fabric.
- Cargo shorts are another pair of shorts that do not feature in the jean shorts women category but are preferred for their comfort and the pockets that come with them. If you are a fan of hiking or trailing, then try these cool cargo shorts today!
- Slip shorts are made from a stretchy fabric material that fits women of any size. The fabric which is used now is quite comfortable to wear. They are usually shapewear shorts for women, worn underdress, to portray the perfect silhouette of legs.
- The most available kinds of shorts are skorts, like skirts but with shorts stitched under them. If you are embarrassed to wear short skirts, then the skorts are the perfect item for you.
- Capris are not like shorts as they extend below the knees, but they give a cool year-round fashion look. No matter what the occasion is, a Capri is always suited to your needs.
We hope that this article will assist you in finding the perfect shorts for yourself. So, if you are thinking of buying shorts for yourself lately, do not hesitate to try the different varieties available.